HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Over 15 years of writing, editing and proofreading experience in both a professional and literary setting.
- More than 10 years’ experience in providing quality research and reference services to a diverse clientele.
- Developed, facilitated and managed a variety of projects, policies, programs including professional development training for staff.
- Accredited librarian (MLIS), Bachelor’s degree in English Literature.
- Published author.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Writing and Communication
- Wrote web content, press releases, subject guides and information brochures as a public and school librarian.
- Developed and wrote official policy documents as well as strategic plans for Trafalgar School for Girls.
- Seasoned blogger since 2007 including a personal blog on parenting, a professional reference blog for Trafalgar since 2011, and various guest and paid posts as a freelancer for various corporations and organizations.
- Edited, proofread and formatted documents as a librarian and a freelancer as well as with various writer’s groups.
Research and Information Organization
- Extensive research experience with a variety of databases and information sources.
- In depth knowledge of a multitude of citation and formatting styles.
- In depth knowledge of copyright rules and regulations.
- Extensive experience at quickly evaluating and summarizing information.
- Knowledge of information taxonomies and content management.
- Knowledge of digital asset management.
- Took over the textbook management for Trafalgar school for girls and saved the school thousands of dollars.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Value a people-focused, collaborative and empathetic approach to teamwork.
- Teamed with teachers to provide curriculum-specific information literacy sessions for students.
- Developed and implemented a successful professional development program for technology in the classroom customized to individual staff skill level.
- Head of various committees including the IT committee at Trafalgar School for Girls, chair of IBBY Canada’s Elizabeth Mrazik Cleaver Award and the chair of the local arrangement committee for the Canadian Library Association’s 2009 conference in Montreal.
Editor 2016 – PHD dissertation
Editing, proofreading and formatting dissertation to conform to APA citation style for a dissertation on music education for Stephanie Khoury.
Free-lance Writer 2016 Onboardly
Write articles on various subjects for different corporate blogs including three articles for Zepeel, a new video dating app.
Digital Asset Tagger 2016 Dovecot Studio
Tagging digital assets for NAV Canada.
Librarian August 2009-2016 Trafalgar School for Girls, Montreal, Quebec
- Provided curriculum support to teachers
- Organized, developed and implemented digital citizenship programming for the students and staff
- Developed a professional development program for educational technology that evolved from beginner iPad support to a successful peer mentorship program
- Provided reader’s advisory for the students and staff
- Managed the textbooks for the whole school from cataloguing to distribution
- Chaired the IT Committee
- Managed parent and student volunteers in the library
- Organized and supervised various co-curricular activities including Traf Reads, Battle of the Books, Technovation Challenge (Code Club), and the monthly Book Cafe
Section Head- Youth-Library April 2008-July 2009 Kirkland Library, Kirkland, Quebec
- Evaluated, selected and acquired materials for the children and teen sections in English and French
- Provided bilingual reference to library patrons
- Organized, developed and implemented comprehensive programming for children and teens
- Liaised with local schools of the area by attending school meetings, providing teachers with special borrowing privileges as well as up-to-date information on library services, and organizing author visits for classes
- Managed student shelvers
Librarian, Children’s Department and Music & Film Department 2007- 2008 Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ), Montreal, Quebec
- Provided bilingual instructional and factual reference to the patrons of the BAnQ
- Developed the English language, audio-visual and comic book collections for children
- Developed content for website
- Developed and facilitated story hours and school visits
- Collection Development of musical scores, compact discs and music reference books
- Presented information literacy sessions and instructional evenings on aspects of the BAnQ’s collections
- Prepared exhibitions and themes for the listening stations
Librarian Intern 2007- 2008 University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Provided instructional and factual reference using the chat software Rakim
- Used the medium of chat reference to instill information literacy competencies in the students
- Quickly assessed and responded to the student needs in a variety of disciplines
- Analyzed and evaluated databases and subject guides
- Wrote informative articles on featured databases
- Worked with a virtual reference team through chat technology, email, telephone and blogs to assess and redesign the information literacy tutorial on the library’s website.
Reference Assistant 2004-2005 Government Information Services, McGill University Libraries, Montreal, Quebec
- Provided reference service in person and via email of electronic resources, as well as print and microform materials for the staff and students of McGill University
- Completed a gap analysis of statistical yearbooks for the collection
- Updated and compiled various subject guides on trade data, the census and U.S. government documents
Masters of Library and Information Studies McGill University
Bachelor of Humanities, English Literature University of Victoria